1.CALL TEXAS MOVERS NOW AND RESERVE YOUR MOVERS FOR YOUR MOVE DATE.
2. Use only small boxes for books. Using a large box may make the box break at the bottom.
3. A moving company cannot transport gasoline, flammables, ammunition, explosives, jewelry, or sensitives documents (social security cards, bank statements, birth certificates, etc).
4. Avoid using used boxes. They usually are not strong enough and fall apart.
5. Schedule disconnection of the cable, phone, water, etc. about a week before move day as well as other services such as newspaper, lawn service, etc.
6. Always pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface like the bed to avoid damage.
7. Defrost the fridge the night before your move.
8. Check your owner’s manual to see if there are any special moving instructions for large appliances.
9. Whenever disassembling furniture put all the screws in a Ziploc bag and tape it to the main piece.
10. It’s important to label all boxes on top and side for visibility
11. Never interlock boxes, tape them.
12. Put cleaning items aside for after-move cleaning.
13. Put heavy items like books in small boxes. Over stuffing can lead to boxes tearing.
14. To avoid confusion do not pack items from different rooms in the same box. Pack each room separately.
15. Stack dishes upwards when packing them.
16. Pack items you will not immediately need first (attic, basement, etc.).
17. Make sure to clean the stove before moving. This is a big reason for people not getting their deposits back.
18. Make sure to pack special items like family records, birth certificates, and insurance forms separately for easy access.
19. Pack essentials like medicines last to make sure they are the first things that get off the truck.
20. Never use newspaper to wrap fine china. The ink can rub off.
21. Two weeks before the move don’t forget to arrange to transfer school records.
22. Don’t use boxes without tops. No tops make it hard to stack properly in the truck.
23. Say good-bye to your friends and neighbors the day before you move. You’ll be plenty busy the next day.
24.Never use newsprint to wrap china. The ink rubs off onto the china.
25. Remember, the heavier the items, the smaller the box.
26. Relax and let TEXAS MOVERS NOW handle the rest.
Before Hiring your Movers, Keep these 4 rules in mind
1. Make sure they have a website with their name, address, and TxDot number. Moving companies that don't have a website such as the ones found on Craigslist are hard to track down in the event of theft or claims.
2. Check with your local Better Business Bureau to see their rating and if they have any complaints and ask for at least three references from past customers.
3. Ask for the minimum experience requirements of their workers and other screening procedures they have for hiring movers. Many company's require no experience which may lead to unsatisfactory moving services.
4. Make sure they are ACTUALLY licensed and insured. Many moving company claim to be insured and licensed but are not. Check with your state's Department of Transportation to see if they moving company has to proper insurance coverages to be licensed. In Texas a Household Goods Mover must carry a minimum of $50,000 in cargo coverage and $350,000 in truck liability to be licensed by the state.